my e-mailaddress





maandag 2 november 2015

Wat een verhaal…!! / What a story…!!


Zoals jullie waarschijnlijk wel zullen weten, had ik dit weekend mijn ‘debuut’ op de DHN show in Ulft, nou, dat was nogal een ervaring in allerlei opzichten. Ik zou zeggen neem een stoel, kop koffie/thee en wat tijd, want hier komt mijn verhaal ;)!
Na een hele drukke week van afronden van allerlei miniaturen en voorbereidend werk voor de beurs, was het afgelopen vrijdag zover: badges ophalen en mijn plekje zien te vinden in de grote SSP-hal van het uitgebreide DRU-complex. Ik had een geweldige plek daar, op de hoek van een blok met gezellige en uiterst behulpzame buren :D!!

As you all probably will know, I had my ‘debut ‘ on the DHN miniature show at Ulft and I can tell you now that it was quite an experience in many ways. All I can say: take a seat, acup of coffe/tea and some time, because here’s my story;)!
After a very busy week filled with the finishing of all of my miniatures and preparations for the fair, on Friday it was time to pick up my badges and to look for my place in the big SSP-hall of the big DRU-complex. I had a great place there, it was at a corner of a block with very kind and extremely helpful neighbours :D!!







Sorry, voor de wazige foto’s, maar de reden was dat ik geen tijd had om echt goede foto’s te maken én al mijn werk zat al achter plexiglas.

Sorry, for the blurry pictures, but I had no time for taking very good pictures and my works were already behind plexiglass, that’s why.


Mijn dochter, mijn lieve assistente, die haar moeders enthousisame goed weet te reguleren. Ik zou deze beurs absoluut niet zonder haar uitstekende hulp kunnen doen. 

My daughter, my lovely assistant, who can 'control' very well her mother's enthusiasm ;O. I absolutely couldn't do this miniatures fair without her outstanding help.

Ikzelf / Me

Het feest kon beginnen J! / The party could begin ;)!

Zaterdagochtend ging ik mijn stand inrichten en ik was maar nèt klaar voordat de beurs al begon. Een laatste haastig toiletbezoekje en een flinke sprint getrokken richting mijn stand. Daar kwam ik op klokslag elf uur aan en werd meteen verrast door mijn eerste bezoeker/klant, die mij (ongetwijfeld) heeft moeten zien rennen naar mijn plaats, want we arriveerden daar op precies hetzelfde moment. Wát een debuut, hè, dat heb ik natuurlijk weer ;)!?
Ik was nog buiten adem, toen hij mij al aanwees wat hij graag wilde kopen. Ik pakte de gevraagde miniaturen voor hem uit de vitrines en tijdens het inpakken vroeg ik hem terloops waar hij vandaan kwam. Hij had een Arabisch uiterlijk en sprak Engels, dus wilde ik graag weten waar mijn eerste beursgast vandaan kwam om dat aan jullie te kunnen vertellen.

Saturday morning I was organizing my stand and I was just ready before the show already began. A final hastily visit to the sanitary unit and I took a fast rush towards my stand. I arrived there exactly on the stroke of eleven o'clock and was instantly surprised by my first visitor/customer, who (without doubt) must have seen me running fast to my stand, because we arrived there nearly at the same time. What a debut, huh, why is this always happening to me ;)!?
So, I was still out of breath when he had already pointed out for me what he wanted to buy. I took the requested miniatures for him from the display cases and while I was packing them into a small box I casually asked where he came from. He had an Arabic appearance and he spoke English, so I wanted to know where my first guest of my first exhibition came from, also for telling it to you on my blog.


Mijn gast vertelde me dat zijn naam Ahmed was en dat hij uit Qatar kwam, in de buurt van Dubai, en hij vroeg of ik er ooit was geweest. Eh, nou, nee, helaas kan ik niet reizen ver buiten de grenzen van mijn eigen land, maar ik zou dat wél graag willen ;)! Maar wat een eer voor het ontvangen van zo'n speciale, buitenlandse gast voor de eerste keer in mijn kleine stand op de beurs! Ik was totaal overdonderd en compleet verrast, dat kan ik je wel vertellen :D!

My guest told me that his name was Ahmed and came from Qatar, near Dubai, and he asked if I had been there once. Eh, well, no, unfortunately I can't travel so far beyond the borders of my own country, although I really would love to ;)! But what an honor for receiving as first such a special, foreign guest at my little table on my first miniature show! I was overwhelmed and completely surprised, I can tell you that :D!


De rest van de dag heb ik enorm genoten van het ontmoeten van andere bezoekers, het was één groot feest na zo’n geweldige start van deze speciale dag voor mij! Er waren zelfs een aantal dames van de blogwereld, die gedag kwamen zeggen. Ik vind het zo geweldig leuk dat ze daarvoor de tijd hebben genomen: Paula, blog http://paulasminis.blogspot.nl/  en Catherine, haar blog is: http://miniaturemaisondesouris.blogspot.nl/ 
Dankjewel :D!

The rest of the day I’ve enjoyed meeting other visitors of the show, it was one big party after such a great start of this special day for me! There were even bloggers, who came by to say hello. I liked it very much that they took the time to do so: thank you Paula, blog: http://paulasminis.blogspot.nl/   and Catherine, haar blog is: http://miniaturemaisondesouris.blogspot.nl/ 
Merci beaucoup :D!



Ik had naast een geweldige plek ook hele gezellige en behulpzame buren, daardoor was het ook al een feest om op de beurs te mogen staan. Hier zijn een paar foto’s van de “buren”, Ashtown Miniaturen,  http://www.kerstwebshop.nl/  (hé, daar is ook Stella http://www.stellaquepassa.nl/  was zeker even buurten ;O)en Romney Miniatures, http://www.romneymin.com/  uit Engeland.

Besides a great position for my stand at the fair I also had cosy and very helpful neigbours, therefore it was one big party to be at the fair. Here are a few pictures of the “neighbours”, Ashtown Miniatures, http://www.kerstwebshop.nl/  (hey, Stella, http://www.stellaquepassa.nl/ who was also visiting them ;O) and Romney Miniatures (hi, Liz and Andrew :D), http://www.romneymin.com/   from England.

Gerrit van Werven, werkend aan zijn houtdraaibank
Gerrit van Werven, working at his wood lathe

Omdat ik inmiddels nogal wat bloemen verkocht had (ik verkocht ook losse bloemen, zodat iedereen, ook met een ‘kleine’ beurs  iets van zijn gading kan vinden), kwam ik snel zonder geschikte vazen te zitten. Ik ben bij Gerrit van Werven, http://www.miniatuurdraaiwerk.nl/  snel gaan vragen of hij iets voor me had en hij heeft ter plaatse een vaas van ebbenhout gedraaid op zijn houtdraaibank, dat was erg aardig van hem! Dankjewel Gerrit, je was een redder in mijn (vazen)nood.

In the meantime I already had sold a number of flowers (I also sell flower per piece, so that everyone, even with a 'small' purse, could buy something of her/his liking) and I ran out of suitable vases. I quickly went to Gerrit van Werven, http://www.miniatuurdraaiwerk.nl/ for asking if he had some vases for me. He did some magic on his wood lathe and handed me a wonderful vase of ebony wood, which was so very kind of him! Thank you Gerrit, you were the savior in my need for new vases.


Op zondagochtend vroeg was ik bezig om wat lege gaatjes aan het opvullen in mijn vitrines, toen ik weer werd verrast door de komst van Mr. Ahmed, dit keer vergezeld door Madelva van het Spaanse miniaturenmagazine Miniaturas. Zij werd door hem aan mij voorgesteld en ze wilde graag toestemming om mijn werk te mogen fotograferen.
Op dat moment heb ik wat moed verzameld en aan Mr. Ahmed gevraagd of ik met hem op de foto mocht, omdat hij mijn eerste gast/klant was. En ook voor het schrijven van mijn verhaal met gebruik van deze foto’s van mijn eerste miniaturenshow. Hij was zo aardig voor beiden toestemming te geven en om een paar foto’s te nemen.
Pfff, wat gebeurde er toch allemaal……ik kon (en kan nog steeds) niet bevatten wat er allemaal gebeurde in die korte tijd voor de beurs weer openging voor publiek.

Early on Sunday morning I was busy with filling some small gaps to fill in my cabinets, when I was again surprised by the arrival of Mr. Ahmed, this time accompanied by Mrs. Madelva the Spanish miniatures magazine Miniaturas. He introduced her to me and she asked permission for taking pictures my work.
At that moment I gathered some courage for asking Mr. Ahmed the question if it was allowed to take a picture of him (because he was my first visitor/customer) and putting these pictures on my blog for the story of my first miniature show. He was so kind to give me his permission and taking his time for some pictures.
Phew, what was happening ...... I could not (and still can) believe what did happen in that short time before the exhibition opened again to the public.


In de middag kwam er ook nog eens een professionele fotograaf langs van de DHN, hemeltjelief, mijn dag kon niet stuk ;). Sylvia heeft er ruim de tijd voor genomen om mijn bloemen te fotograferen. Ik hoop dat de foto's mooi geworden zijn...?

In the afternoon there was a professional photographer, named Sylvia, who took a lot of her time for taking pictures of my miniature flowers. Oh my, what a exceptional day ;).
I hope the pictures will be wonderful...?



Aan het eind van de middag heb ik gauw nog wat foto’s kunnen nemen, ik heb er totaal geen tijd voor kunnen vinden om de hele hal te fotograferen, daarvoor is het veel te groot.

At the end of the afternoon I quickly took some pictures, I really couldn’t find some time for it and besides: this hall is too big for taking pictures of the whole hall.


Ik hoop dat jullie het een beetje hebben kunnen volhouden en tot hier zijn gekomen met lezen van deze enorme blogpost, want dat zijn jullie van mij niet gewend ;O!
De komende weken neem ik rust en zal ik proberen om foto’s van miniaturen, die mee zijn geweest naar de DHN beurs, hier op mijn blog te laten zien. Dat wil zeggen: de foto’s die ik gemaakt heb, want het blijkt dat ik door de drukte vergeten ben om foto’s te nemen van een aantal nieuwe miniaturen L! En nu zijn sommigen ervan verkocht, ach, we zullen wel zien wat ik nog in m’n archief vind!
Dank voor het lezen van mijn verhaal, jullie reacties en een hele fijne week gewenst :D!!

Dear readers, I hope that you are still with me and you have read till here, the end of this huge blog post, because as you all know this is not my habit  ;O!
These coming weeks I’ll take my rest and I’ll try to take some pictures of my latest miniature creations, for showing them here on my blog. That is: the few pictures I’ve made, because it seems that due to this crowded time I’ve forgotten to take pictures of some new miniatures L! And now some of them are even sold, well, we’ll see what I can find in the archives!
Thank you all for reading my story, your comments and I wish you all a lovely week D!!

Ilona

36 opmerkingen:

Paula zei

Wat was het leuk om jouw nu eens 'life' te zien. ik geniet altijd van je posten, en van je commentaren op mijn blog;leuk om te weten welk gezicht daar nu bij hoort.
Tot mijn schande moet ik bekennen dat ik maar vluchtig naar je mooie dingen heb gekeken; kennismaken vond ik even belangrijker.... Op je blog kan ik normaal op mijn gemak kijken, maar wat ik zaterdag wel zag was de enorme verscheidenheid aan mini's en bloemen/planten, geshowd in de echte SINAS-Ikea-boxen.
Gelukkig kan ik nu even bijlezen/kijken.

Rust lekker uit van deze geweldige ervaring en ik hoop je zeker weer te zien bij een volgende, voor-mij-heel-ver-wegge-,Ulft show.

Groeten van Paula

The grandmommy zei

I am very proud of you! Keep up the great work!

Fabiola zei

Beautiful fair! It's fantastic to see you in the photos.

The Old Maid zei

Oh dear! What a fab time it must had been for you there!
As for Mr Ahmed, he is very popular over the FB having a great collection of miniatures with Mulvany and Rogers fab house included! Here is a link to his FB site. Hope you will be able to see some of his collection there
https://www.facebook.com/ah.al.397?fref=ts
(went back to your post to see the photos, lol)
You have a beautiful daughter, but then again it is not a surprise when one sees her mother. :)
I wish I could see all your works on my own eyes for I know they are fab!
I have never been to miniature fair yet so it is great to read about helpful and kind miniaturists and customers!
I hope we will see the professional photos in some magazine soon!
Hugs

jeffry zei

Wat ontzettend leuk je eerste beurs Ilona! Helaas wist ik niet dat je op de beurs zou staan maar ik zie wel dat je mij gespot hebt op het moment dat ik sta af te rekenen bij Romney Miniatures(blauwe jas) ;D

Ilona zei

Wat jammer, Jeffry, ik had jou wel eens willen ontmoeten! Maar ik heb jou dus wél gezien, want ik was de fotograaf van die foto ;)!!Daarom zag me niet, ik stond op dat moment dus ook niet achter mijn tafel, die was links meteen naast Romney Miniatures. Volgende keer beter zeggen we dan maar, hè?!

Angelsdoor * Penny zei

Dear Ilona,
What a wonderful miniature show this was.. And how very exciting about your first customer. And the kind man next to you.. Was that the nicest thing he did, making a vase for you. Congratulation on your sales at the show.. Your work speaks for itself.. Absolutely amazing...
And thank you so much for visiting and telling me the botanical name for the bush!!!! Yes, that is it..... I am feeling a little better today.
blessings,
Penny

Contrastes-Rosa Mª zei

!Que fantástica noticia !, tu primer cliente uno de los mejores coleccionista de miniaturas, así que muchas felicidades, pero no me extraña pues tus trabajos son finos y su ejecución perfecta. Tienes una hija encantadora , se la ve super feliz ; supongo que orgullosa de los trabajos de su madre.
Ahora a descansar y disfrutar de tu éxito. Besos:-)

Isabel Ruiz zei

¡Enhorabuena! Es estupendo que te haya ido tan bien, pero no podía ser para menos. Tus trabajos son preciosos. Estoy deseando ver mas fotos.

Daydreamer zei

Congratulations Ilona! Your first Fair was a great success! It looks as though you had a great time! It can be exhausting to prepare for a fair and tend the "booth" all day.... good thing your daughter was able to help!!!
I really look forward to seeing some pictures of the items you made! Your work is always inspiring to me!

PILAR6373 zei

Ilona,has entrado en el mundo de las ferias de miniaturas por la puerta grande (es una expresión que utilizamos en mi país,para remarcar algo excepcional)los que conocemos tu trabajo,nos lo podíamos imaginar,pero hacía falta vivirse verdad??
Cuanto me alegro que hayas tenido éxito,que hayas disfrutado con la gente,compañeros,clientes...una experiencia que nunca olvidarás!!
Te diré que Ahmed es muy conocido por visitar las ferias de miniaturas y por comprar piezas muy exclusivas,por lo que tienes que sentirte muy alagada!! Y si Madelva estuvo contigo fotografiando tus obras,las veremos en su revista!!!!
De nuevo,mis más sinceras felicitaciones!!!
Descansa,pero vuelve pronto!!
Besos.

carmen zei

me alegro mucho de que haya sido una grata experiencia

jean-claude zei

Félicitations pour votre premier salon, vos créations sont très belles et votre succès est bien mérité.

Marisa Minilys-Miniatures zei

Congratulations debut at the show. Thank you for sharing this great news, I feel a great joy in your accomplishments. a hug, Marisa

thea zei

Ilona, wat een ontzettend leuk verhaal heb je ervan gemaakt en ik heb genoten om het te lezen.
Fijn dat de beurs zo goed ging. Geweldig zoals je de ervaring met je Ahmed.
Ik weet zeker dat je nog wel ergens foto's in je archief hebt liggen.

Groetjes Thea

Pepper zei

It is lovely to see you and your stall in the photos. No doubt your miniatures were very popular and I'm happy that you made a sale straight away. Now you won't be so nervous for your next show =0) The hall looks huge!

claude zei

as I would have liked to be small mouse to admire everything
beautiful exposure and a well smiling and friendly support
only good memories to you Ilona
have a nice day
bisous

BiWuBär zei

I have nothing to add - your headline already says it all: WHAT A STORY!!! But okay... it's me *teehee* and I'm living with a flutterybeary always wanting to have the last word which keeps me in good practice... so I could also say: WHAT A DEBUT!!! I knew you would have a great success at your first fair... but now it looks as if your success was even bigger than anyone could expect. Having that Mr. Ahmed as your first customer is something you can be proud of... and how kind of him to bring the Miniaturas' editor with him. Well, he must be very impressed with what he saw at your stand... Congrats and applause for this wonderful and so well-deserved success, I'm very happy for you!

Hugs
Birgit (who is curious if anyone was clever enough to buy one of your bee hives... mine is one of the finest miniatures I ever saw and I'm proud to own it)

Mad For Mod zei

What a great show and weekend. I'm glad it went well for you.

miniacollection zei

I'm so glad that the show was a success and that you met great people. Maybe one day you will exhibit your wonderful work in France.
Geneviève

Unknown zei

Congratulations on a well deserved success madam! Your creations have always been so wonderfully done and I am so proud of you to have gotten to the show and let others appreciate and share in your fantastic art!

Both you and your daughter are lovely and its so nice to "see" your happy faces!

Your lucky customer mr Ahmed will no doubt be in touch over some of your other lovely goodies. I think you might consider a rush of work will be coming your way ;)

I hope the fair renewed your creativity and you are inspired to create more wonderful miniatures!

17-17 zei

I regret I couldn't see your beautiful minis in live, Ilona, your exhibition looks great! I'm not surprised that many people admire your creations because I belong to your funs for a long time :-) Nice to see so much gorgeous minis in the one place, especially your flowers, which are simply wonderful!
Big hugs!!
Magda

Piikko zei

Dear Ilona, I was waiting for your post and news from the fair.
I am happy to hear that you had fun and everything went more than well.
Thank you for sharing all these photos. I'll wait for more. :)
Your table looks great! I wish I could see it live. But perhaps one day. :)
And how nice of you to think customers with a 'small' purse!
You had a beautiful little helper at the fair. <3 Lovely to see you too Ilona!
Hugs, piikko

Maria Ireland zei

It sounds like you had lots of fun at the fair :))) I am so happy for you and your wonderful achievement. Though we all knew you would be a fantastic success ; ) Your table looks wonderful thank you for sharing your pictures> Awesome pictures of you and your very beautiful daughter. Cant wait to see more pictures.
Hugs Maria

Woolytales Miniatures zei

My dearest... I am THRILLED for you and your success at your first show. I hope this will be just a start for you... You deserve to show off your talent and give buyers a change to see and buy it , its just wonderful!

I am a lucky one for have some of your work. I will treasure all my life!
Love you!!!

rosethe-minima zei

Quelle jolie présentation à la hauteur de ton superbe travail !
Tes miniatures vont aller bien loin de chez toi ;) Ton talent est reconnu.
Ton assistante à le même joli sourire que sa maman !
Bises. Joce

Drora's minimundo zei

Oh Dear Ilona,

It was such a pleasure to read your post. I had no doubt of your being a success at the fair. I am very glad that you enjoyed it. Your flowers are exquisite and deserve all the fame they get.
Your daughter is very beautiful and not wonder with you as her mum. How wonderful that you had her to help you. You look great.

A warm hug, Drora

Hannah zei

Your daughter looks so sweet! How wonderful that you got to do this fair together! I did my first fair with my mum, that was very helpful and fun, next time I hope to bring my eager soon to be 4 year old too =) We both look forward on a future fair. I wish I could have visit this one, would be wonderful to see your wonderful minis in real life, and to meet you too =)
Nice to see that Ahmed was your first costumer, I have seen his work on Facebook, always wonderful scenes, and he appeared on Swedish TV once too with lovely miniatures =)
And so wonderful that Madelva wanted pictures of your table, I can see why =)
Thank you for sharing your story, it was wonderful to read, I'm so glad you had a good time!
Hannah

Cinderella Moments zei

What a wonderful adventure! You booth looks so great! Sounds like you had a very successful time. You are such a talented artist. You belong in all the magazines and in museums. I love your work.
Hugs,
Caroline

Lovejoy Bears zei

I am sorry for my late visit Ilona!! It's really wonderful to see all your miniatures on your amazing stall and it's so nice to see you and your lovely daughter too :) I'm glad you had a wonderful time and that you are sharing your wonderful creations with the world. Anyone who is lucky enough to own a piece of your special work will be so happy!! Hugs ♥ Vicky ♥

Idskesminis zei

Wat een ontzettend leuk verhaal! Ik had je ook graag ontmoet en rond geneusd in jouw Miniaturen! Misschien volgend jaar? Groetjes, Idske

les mains calmes zei

Coucou Ilona,
Je suis tellement contente que tout se soit bien passé à cette exposition. Je suis sûre que tout ces évènements vont fortement te motiver pour continuer tes promenades et en revenir la tête pleine de nouvelles idées de réalisation...
Reposes toi bien...
Bisous, Dominique

Catherine zei

j'ai été ravie et très heureuse de vous rencontrer . je regrette de ne pas pouvoir parler avec vous . c'était une vraie surprise . je regardais vos vitrines et j'ai tout de suite reconnu votre travail . j 'espère que vous avez eu beaucoup de succès. oui , je trouve votre travail " poétique " . il n 'est pas dans la perfection absolu . vous arrivez a donner à chaque fois quelque chose de juste . vous avez un sens de l 'observation extraordinaire .
vos personnages sont touchants et dégage un sentiment vrai .
bravo pour vos fleurs , elles sont magnifiques .

Fabulously Small zei

Wow Ilona, dat klinkt als een GEWELDIGE ervaring, wat ontzettend tof! Ik kan me voorstellen dat je aardig onder de indruk was van alles, geeft een bijzonder gevoel kan ik me zo voorstellen. En je eerste gast helemaal uit Quatar, jeuj! Erg leuk ook dat de DHN foto's heeft gemaakt, die worden ongetwijfeld goed, al is het alleen maar omdat het onderwerp goed is :D. Het ziet er allemaal prachtig uit en ik heb genoten van je enthousiaste verhaal!

Unknown zei

The thing I loved the most in this post was to see a pic of you....you are such a beautiful lady and you have such a kind expression.... ;) Did the Dubai guy came all the way from there just to see the fair in the Netherlands? Or does he live there? Or maybe in England? ....sorry, I'm just curious; )
The pics that Sylvia took will be wonderful because your miniatures are wonderful!!!! What a great experience you had and great help from your lovely daughter!!

Unknown zei

The thing I loved the most in this post was to see a pic of you....you are such a beautiful lady and you have such a kind expression.... ;) Did the Dubai guy came all the way from there just to see the fair in the Netherlands? Or does he live there? Or maybe in England? ....sorry, I'm just curious; )
The pics that Sylvia took will be wonderful because your miniatures are wonderful!!!! What a great experience you had and great help from your lovely daughter!!